Apache and PHP4
  • From: "James Pearson-Kirk" <jpearsonkirk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 18:32:19 +0100
Greetings.

I have Apache and PHP4 installed on my PC with SuSE Prof 7.3. I installed Apache and PHP via the SuSe CD's and YAST2 (and therfore no need for make/make install/configure apache with...etc).

I seem to have a problem. A simple PHP scirpt is saved (in httpd/htdocs).When I view the script localy (via localhost) I see the script togther with the PHP tags (eg PHP script has NOT been processed).

1. I have checked that all PHP modules installed.

2. When I display localhost, Apache confirms that PHP 4 is installed.

3. I have checked the Apache Conifguration and confirms:(Configured ok???)
AddType application/X-httpd-php .php
AddType application/X-httpd-php .php4

I have checked out php.net and suse.com for configuration problems but could not find any solutions.

Many thanks.

James