Re: [SLE] SuSE 7.2 and 40Gb HD
  • From: Alfredo Cole <alfredo@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:46:00 -0600

El Vie 19 Abr 2002 16:58, escribiste:
> Alfredo Cole (föstudagur 19. apríl 2002 22:44)
>
> > Hi:
(...)
> What kernel did you install ?

The default 2.4.4-4GB

> Also, try using the 'safe mode' ( choose linux, but type
> "disableapic ide=nodma apm=off" before pressing enter )

Well, that's the problem. I don't get a LILO prompt. I have to use
the CD1 to load Linux. I choose install and later on I ask it to load
the installed system.

> There seems to be an apic problem on many P4's, I have had reports
> of problem all around my campus, but havn't been (un)lucky enough
> yet to get a P4 to play with myself..
>
> -tosi

Booting with the Windows install disk, and doing FDISK /MBR lets me
load Windows again, but no SuSE.

I think I should install LILO on the Linux partition and not the MBR.
I will try and see what happens.

- --
Alfredo J. Cole
http://www.acyc.com (Accounting Systems)
http://www.clshonduras.com (Linux Hardware)
PGP Key available from certserver.pgp.com

< Previous Next >