passwd, shadow, upgrades, pam? help!
  • From: Valter Rehn <valter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:55:04 -0300
Hi,

I'm trying to migrate my mail server from redhat 7.1 to suse 7.2.
i have already transferred /var/mail and /home,
and copy'ed /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow to the new (suse) server.

the problem is: nobody logs in the new server.
trid to change my password and I logged in.
i've noticed that the passwords in /etc/shadow have the $ sign, and my new doesn't.

does anyone know how to use the old shadow file without having to change everyuser password?

tks in advance.

Valter Rehn
SysAdmin
Dimed/Panvel