Re: [SLE] Mutt with cable modem.
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:11:56 +0300
* Brian Durant; <durant@xxxxxxxxxx> on 19 Apr, 2002 wrote:
How do I do this, i.e. get into pager while on a remote pop server? The commands listed are q:Quit, d:Del, u:Undel, s:Save, m:Mail (i.e new message), r:Reply (as in reply to message), g:Group, ?:Help. I know this must be very basic, but I don't get it. I have looked at the manual and all sorts of other resources, but either this issue isn't listed or I am suffering from info overload. Can anyone help?

#set pop_host=mail.isppopserver.com
#set pop_user=username
#set pop_pass=password
#set pop_delete=yes

Is what I used to have in my ".muttrc" then by pressing" "Shift" + "G"
mutt fetches the mail from the isp pop account. I think there is even a
parameter to check every X minute.

However I found it easier to do with fetchmail procmail combination
along with spamassassin since this combo fetches sorts and cleans from
spam before I start reading the mails
HTH

--

Togan Muftuoglu