Re: [SLE] Best graphics card?
  • From: Jonathan Paul Cowherd <jpcowh01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:01:24 -0400
All Nvidia cards are not created equal. Many OEMs will buy their GeForce 2
chipsets and make their own "PNY Geforece2 MX400" or "Vanta Geforce2
MX400". So the problem exists between the OEM cards and Nvidia drivers,
not with SuSE. Not all Nvidia cards with the same chipsets are created
equal.

My best suggestion to anyone with an Nvidia card (I'm happy with mine even
though my computer will lock up once in a while) is to e-mail Nvidia's
support team. Explain the problem as best as you can. Maybe give them the
conditions to recreate the problem and the specs for your machine. It's
the way most vendors support their products.

Jonathan