Re: [SLE] Best graphics card?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:12:54 +0200
On Wednesday 17 April 2002 12:08, Jónas Helgi Pálsson wrote:
> nVIDIA whom does not allow SuSE and other Linux dist. to include their
> drivers, and does not include it with the card?
> Or SuSE for not been allowed to get you up'n'running without a hazzle.

>From the nvidia license

2.1.2 Linux Exception. Notwithstanding the foregoing terms of Section 2.1.1,
SOFTWARE designed exclusively for use on the Linux operating system may be
copied and redistributed, provided that the binary files thereof are not
modifie
in any way (except for unzipping of compressed files).

As far as I can see, the decision not to include the "real" nvidia drivers is
therefore completely a question of politics and as such quite unfair on the
users wo, as Derek said, for the most part just want a working system.

Anders

< Previous Next >