Re: [SLE] Best graphics card?
  • From: Derek Fountain <fountai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:00:13 +0100
> SuSE is not at fault here

Yes it is. SuSE is shipping a product which just doesn't work. If it doesn't
work they should say "not supported", preferably on the box, but at least as
part of the installation. I don't care about the politics, I care about
whether it works or not.

I'm hoping that SuSE will have done something sensible for 8.0, like stop the
X configuration until the RPMs can be acquired (via the internet or
whatever), then running a script to plug in the right bits before running
sax. i.e. automate the hoops that need to be jumped through in order to make
it work properly.

> P.S. It is amazing to see that the complaint level is so much higher for
> nVIDIA graphics card then WinModems. Maybe if they were called winVIDIA

That's because no one claims that Winmodems will work flawlessly. If SuSE
made it clear that nVIDIA graphics cards don't work properly without extra
help then no one would be complaining.

--
9:27am up 42 days, 17:51, 2 users, load average: 0.01, 0.12, 0.12