Re: Best graphics card?
  • From: "S.Toms" <smotrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 22:49:02 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Joshua Lee wrote:

jl> On Tuesday 16 April 2002 10:27 am, you wrote:
jl> > I think it's time to get a new machine. SuSE 8.0 comes with exciting
jl> > 3D games :-)
jl> >
jl> > But what is the "best buy" for a graphics card? My hardware friends
jl> > tell me about
jl> >
jl> > ATI Radeon. Should be powerful compared to the price GForce 2. Not
jl> > as good as Gforce 3, but cheaper GForce 3. Very fast but expensive
jl> > GForce 4. ???
jl> >
jl> > But of course performance depends a lot on the driver, so - what is
jl> > the best card for Linux use in order of price/performance?
jl>
jl> Despite what people have said about nVidia I like them, but then again
jl> I haven't had any problems with my drivers. I'm running an nVidia TNT
jl> card, which is not top of the line but still gives me excellent fps
jl> for many games.
jl>

Same here, I have the VisionTek GeForce 3 ti200 and have had very good
luck with it. Works excellent for playing DVD's as well as games, but then
I don't play too many different games. For waht it's worth, I paid
approximately $115.00 US for my card on uBid about 6 months ago.

--

S.Toms - smotrs at mindspring.com - www.mindspring.com/~smotrs
SuSE Linux v7.3+ - Kernel 2.4.10-4GB