Re: [SLE] Best graphics card?
  • From: Joshua Lee <yid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 00:26:04 -0400
On Tuesday 16 April 2002 10:27 am, you wrote:
> I think it's time to get a new machine. SuSE 8.0 comes with exciting 3D
> games :-)
>
> But what is the "best buy" for a graphics card? My hardware friends tell me
> about
>
> ATI Radeon. Should be powerful compared to the price
> GForce 2. Not as good as Gforce 3, but cheaper
> GForce 3. Very fast but expensive
> GForce 4. ???
>
> But of course performance depends a lot on the driver, so - what is the
> best card for Linux use in order of price/performance?

Despite what people have said about nVidia I like them, but then again I
haven't had any problems with my drivers. I'm running an nVidia TNT card,
which is not top of the line but still gives me excellent fps for many games.
--
The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an approaching
train.