Re: [SLE] suse linux and netscape 6.2
  • From: Kevin L Hochhalter <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:34:43 -0700
On Tuesday 16 April 2002 18:24 pm, Gahn Lu wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I noticed soem problems regarding netscape on suse
> linux. In the mail section, I could not delete
> unwanted mail via simple highlighted them, i.e., when
> i highlighted some mails and then click the button
> "delete", nothing happens. I can only remove then
> after I opened them. When I compse mails and i tried
> to use "Address Book" function to add addressese from
> teh address book, nothing happens. The smae for the
> fuction of moving mails to certain folders ...
>
> Any ideas? on this? bugs from linux in general or just
> suse linux?
>
> TIA
>
> _Gahn

Gahn,
I am not sure that this is a problem with SuSE Linux. A friend of mine dual
boots SuSE 7.2 and Win2k, and has the same problem with Netscape 6.2
under both operating systems. Leads me to believe that it is a problem
with Netscape 6.2. You might go over to www.mozilla.org and download
the latest Mozilla build, which I believe is 0.9.9. I think you will find that
Mozilla is generally a better bet than using Netscape, since they post
new builds regularly, and bugs seem to be fixed very rapidly. Also,
there are some nice features that have been implemented that are not yet
out in an official Netscape version.

Kevin

--
If it weren't for geometry, life would be pointless.