Re: [SLE] KDE3 - Less than stellar installation
  • From: Sergei Rodionov <srodionov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:41:53 -0500
Stuart Powell wrote:

I am truly very happy for you that your installation worked. My recent
upgrade from KDE2.1 to 2.2 worked like a dream, too. Unfortunately,

Well mine didnt 8) Its been pain to deal with 2.2. qt issues so i stick with 2.1 until 3.0 went final.

the upgrade to 3.0 did not go smoothly.

As for downloading all the RPMs, I decided to stick with the ones on
the SuSE ftp server rather than go with the ones on kde.org since SuSE
tends to test their RPMs thoroughly before releasing them. All of the
RPMs from their base directory are installed on my system, so I don't
see what I could have missed, unless a requisite RPM is in a different
directory.

Actually they are different.I just compared listings 8( Seems like just /base missing few things.
So you might need to fish around in different directories to get those dependencies fixed.

Cheers,
Sergei