Trustworthiness of SuSE U.S. to ship packages?
  • From: JW <jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:06:20 -0500

Hello,

Doubtless some of you will not appreciate me saying this, go ahead an cat $FLAMES | /dev/null because I'll ignore them.

We have a new server comming that's going to be here before 8.0 ships.
It's very important to me to hae 8.0 on it because of the newer kernel.

Every day that we have to wait for 8.0 to get here costs us, so I want to pre order 8.0, BUT,
I clearly remember complaints on this list from people who pre-ordered 7.3 from SuSE and did not receive their shipments until long after 7.3 was available in stores.

So what I want to know is, were those complains just from an unfortunate few who happened to receive bad treatment, or is SuSE that lousy about shipments?

If most people get their orders ASAP I'm pre-ordering it from SuSE today, but there's no way I can wait a month.

Thanks.

- --

Jonathan Wilson
System Administrator