Re: [SLE] Best graphics card?
  • From: Derek Fountain <fountai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:26:06 +0100
> I would stay away from nVidia chips completely and use Matrox. Maybe the
> performance is not as good, but with Linux you stay clear of all that
> stupid, senseless, buggy binary-driver-only hell.

How will SuSE-8.0 cope with nVIDIA graphics hardware? I persuaded a colleague
to install 7.3 on his box and was horribly embarassed by the way it
repeatedly crashed as soon as KDE was running.

Once I'd got the latest nVIDIA drivers in place it was fine, but the whole
installation experience wasn't a good advertisement for "easy to install"
Linux!

--
3:23pm up 41 days, 23:46, 2 users, load average: 0.02, 0.03, 0.00