Re: [SLE] Best graphics card?
  • From: Curtis Rey <crrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:19:53 -0500
Well. In deference to Mads, I have an nVidia GForce3 ti-200, costs me about
$150 U.S. I have had to install the lastest drivers from nVidia from source
(simple really, just un=tar.gz, and then run make = if you need pointers on
setting up XF86Config file, skip yast and hand edit the file - much easier
and I will help you with the particular options to optimize the card). I
don't know your experience level (I'm just above a newb myself in some
respects) but I have setup and optimize many games in Linux and have gotten
my nVidia drivers to give me about 40 to 60 fps in tribes2 with all features
on.

HTH, Curtis