Re: [SLE] Best graphics card?
  • From: Mads Martin Jørgensen <mmj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:43:53 +0200
* Kaare Rasmussen <kar@xxxxxxxxxxx> [Apr 16. 2002 15:29]:
> I think it's time to get a new machine. SuSE 8.0 comes with exciting 3D
> games :-)
>
> But what is the "best buy" for a graphics card? My hardware friends tell me
> about
>
> ATI Radeon. Should be powerful compared to the price
> GForce 2. Not as good as Gforce 3, but cheaper
> GForce 3. Very fast but expensive
> GForce 4. ???

I would stay away from nVidia chips completely and use Matrox. Maybe the
performance is not as good, but with Linux you stay clear of all that
stupid, senseless, buggy binary-driver-only hell.

--
Mads Martin Jørgensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic