external monitor
  • From: neal mcdermott <neamcd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:21:23 -0700
I am running SuSE 7.3 on a Dell Inspiron 3500 laptop, and these computers will toggle between its own monitor and an external one when you press FN + F8. I have done that when it was running Windows. Would I be inviting disaster to try it running Linux? When I installed Linux, I set the screen for an LCD screen. Will this affect the external screen. Will there be a momentarily satisfying, yet ultimately dispiriting explosion or anything if I try it?

Neal

< Previous Next >