KDM strange after painful upgrade to KDE3
  • From: Praise <praisetazio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:57:41 +0200
Hi all,

I have just downloaded the kde3 rpms in the suse ftp site and I have installed
them. I have some problems though. Kde2 died.. I could only run it as root (I
do not know why). Moreover I did not find any way to run kde3, so I have
moved the /opt/kde2 dir to /opt/kde2.bak and have created a link "kde2"
pointing to kde3.
Kde3 works just fine now, but not from KDM. KDM runs but I cant select
anything but failsafe. I am using it from a text login using startx.
I have already tried to restore it changing settings of kdm from my root
account but nothing really changed.

Anyone have an idea?

TIA,

Praise