Re: [SLE] Upgrade
  • From: Mike <bcomber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:03:35 +0200
On Monday 15 April 2002 12:49, you wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I'm currently running Suse 7.2, and I subscribe to the updates. Other
> than getting German versions every time and having to send them back
> to swap them for English versions, the only thing stopping me from
> upgrading is sheer terror of messing up my configuration.

I'm curious. Do you send them back because of the book, or because of
the first screen? The reason I ask, is that although the first screens
come up in German, The first choice screen is language and you can
select english from there.

> My suse 7.3 professional package (the English version of 8.0 is
> apparently on the way) is right here and says that it can upgrade my
> installation at a minimum of fuss and bother.

I've heard good and bad. Have a good backup available and all should be
OK.