[Q] Netgear MA401, 2.4.10 kernel, orinoco_cs
Hi, everybody,

I have a question for those of you having been successful in running
a wireless Netgear based setup, with your SUSE 7.3. I am trying to
use a Netgear ME102 access point in conjunction with a PC card
MA401. The problem is that - when the system detects the card,
dmesg records the following:

orinoco_cs:GetNextTuple: No more items

I obviously cannot use the card at tis time.

Having searched for this error on the 'net, I have come across a
possible solution, which is to use the ignore_cis_vcc=1 option
(instead of the default 0, with which the orinoco_cs.o seems to have
been compiled with). So, I have tried a:

modprobe orinoco_cs ignore_cis_vcc=1

with no error messages, but with no positive results, either.

Does anybody know how to make this work, short of having to figure
out all the needed changes (paths to all possible libraries, different in
SUSE) just to recompile the orinoco_cs.c source? Aside from the
fact that - after my modprobe test - it doesn't look like it's going to
work, anyway.

Thx,
Stefan

  • No further messages