Upgrade
  • From: Nick Selby <php@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:49:17 +0200
Hi, all,

I'm currently running Suse 7.2, and I subscribe to the updates. Other than getting German versions every time and having to send them back to swap them for English versions, the only thing stopping me from upgrading is sheer terror of messing up my configuration.

My suse 7.3 professional package (the English version of 8.0 is apparently on the way) is right here and says that it can upgrade my installation at a minimum of fuss and bother.

I guess what I am asking is, is it generally safe to plug in the new DVD, and tell yast 2 to "Fix me up" - to install upgrades in the kernel and goodies like KDE, or is this asking for trouble? Will my current configuration stay relatively safe and unharmed? Or am I expecting too much?

Thanks in advance,
nick