Re: [SLE] KDE3 rpm's moved
On Sun, 2002-04-14 at 12:56, Jasmine Davis wrote:

> I find it really strange that so many people have had problems installing &
> running KDE3 alongside KDE2. I used the KDE - SuSe release for my 7.1 box
> from kde.org & everything has worked like a clock, without any other input
> than "rpm -Uvh --force --nodeps"!
>
> My guess is that everything that happens is all in the fun of having computers
> and being given the wonderful ability to learn :)

I totally agreed with your insight here.
Just to add that, with the gush of Linux users around now, most claiming
to be well versed in manipulating Config Wrappers like YaST or whatever
RedHat uses these days, the customary RTFM is been ignored more and
more.

Hence, you find "Gurus" doing clean installs at the drop of a hat. All
because X is proving cumbersome and the dread of the COMMANDLINE.

Still, things KDE or GNOME have come a long way. Well done to all.

--
Kemdi
IN_SuSE_d Since 5.2