Re: [SLE] KDE3 rpm's moved
  • From: Donavan Pantke <avatar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 05:48:11 -0400
On Sunday 14 April 2002 04:19, Ben Rosenberg wrote:

> Dude. Every so often someone comes on this list and tries pretty hard to
> out mouth me..and it doesn't work. I'm not some kid in his parents
> basement "Playing" with Unix/Linux. I would say there is a damn good
> chance I know SuSE a bit better then you give me credit for..and I just
> can't get into this whole YOU think..fact is I'm pretty pissed off that
> YaST1 is going away..since I've been using it for about 5 years now..

YaST1 is going away? Sorry, this is news to me. Do you know if they are
planning to allow people to run YaST2 in text mode from the initial CD boot?
I guess the bigest reason I'm asking is that, on production servers and such,
I've found it MUCH easier to go through a YaST1 install. Mainly becuase after
my LVM setup, package selection is a LOT easier IMHO. Also, adding a forced
GUI installation is okay, I guess, for decent powered machines, but for
machines like a P200, the GUI can become a lot of overhead, espically for
specific package selection. I just revisited that fact yesterday lol.

Thanks
Donavan Pantke

< Previous Next >