Re: [SLE] Windows XP & SuSE 8.0
  • From: Tim Prince <tprince@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 21:21:34 -0700
On Saturday 13 April 2002 12:47, Michael Scottaline wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 02:33:53 +0800
>
> "Ronald Wiplinger" <ronald@xxxxxxxxx> scribbled intuitively:
> >I cannot get a clear picture of the description of Windows XP and SuSE
> >8.0 on the same machine.
> >
> >I want to buy a new notebook, which has Windows XP installed, and I want
> >to setup SuSE 8.0 parallel to it.
> >Since XP is pre-installed, I have no idea if it fits together or not.
> >
> >Can anybody give me a hint?

> Several months ago, I bought a Sony Vaio w/XP pre-installed, and I now
> dual boot RH 7.2 w/no problems what-so-ever. No tricks, gimmicks, or
> wizardry. It just installed w/o a hitch. Hope your experience is
> similar!
>
> HTH,
>
> Mike
Our experience with dual boot on Stinkpads, 2K or XP with SuSE7.3 or rh7.2,
has been excellent. Say what you wish about the LT-winmodem, it works as
well in linux now as in Windows. If you want more control over the hardware,
look up tpctl, but we get along without it.

--
Tim Prince

< Previous Next >