Re: [SLE] Best SuSE version for laptop?
.
I run 7.3 on my A22p 900MHz and it's fast as lightning.
You likely need to do some tweaking, like framebuffer, AGP4 setting,
souped-up drivers, and disk DMA & 32bit.

http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Software/Operating_Systems/UNIX/Linux/Notebooks/
http://gatos.sourceforge.net/overview.php

Always run the latest stable stuff dude.

As to the other notebook, heh, use the latest, but don't expect X.