Re: [SLE] Re: Corel Wordperfect 2000 for Linux
  • From: Haralambos Geortgilakis <haralambos@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 13:21:50 +1200

Hi All & Doug,

who typed out some stuff below.

<snip>

according to the Mandrake Newsletter,
StarOffice 6.0 has been available since late March. I have not
researched the price, I've been told it's not free.

<snip>

Yep, but you need to be a gold club member or silver or some such, to wit paid up member, to get hold of StarOffice 6.0.

As for the rest of us, I quote, http://wwws.sun.com/software/star/news/

<snip>

New StarOffice 6.0 Gains Early Support <http://www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,s=701&a=24914,00.asp>
eWeek April 1, 2002
As Sun Microsystems Inc. readies its StarOffice 6.0 suite for a May release, some enterprises are already planning to rip out existing desktop productivity suites for the new product.

<snip>

More news to follow.... :-)

Greek Geek :-)

Real Men don't make backups. They upload it via ftp and let the world mirror it. -- Linus Torvalds