c-media sound card problem ...
  • From: Iustinian Tomegea <suse@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:39:14 +0300

Hello !

I have just downloaded and installed the 2.4.18 kernel form mantel's download
area.
It is working fine but I got some problems with my multimedia audio
controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev 10). In fact it was detected
by yast2 but it sad something about cold not load (modprobe) the module ...
The problem is that if I am going to manualy modprobe cmpci module ...
everithing is fine. So I remmoved everything regarding yast2 and sound in
/etc/modules.conf and put a line as: alias char-major-14 cmpci, depmod -a and
reboot ...
After reboot lsmod doesn't say nothing about cmpci module. What did I do
wrong ???
If I manualy load cmpci module before entering kde2 ... everything is fine
and I can hear the beautifull sound of arts server.

Thanks.