RE: [SLE] How hot is a really hot? Dual Athlon MP on Linux
  • From: Art Fore <art_fore@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:03:58 -0700
I working in electronics engineering and we measure temperature rise all of
the time. If the ambient temperature is 25 deg C, then 35 to 40 deg C is
normally no problem, especially if this is the internal core temp. We
generally shoot for a 10-15 deg C case temp rise above ambient. This will
let an instrument operate at 55 deg C without overheating components (a
requirement for military sales). Usually, most RF components are rated at 70
deg C, while others are generally 100-125 Deg C.

Art