Re: [SLE] Installing KDE3 from SuSE/Experimental
  • From: Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:31:10 +0200
* allabos <allabos@xxxxxxxxxx> (Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 11:08:07AM +0200)
> The kde packages have been updated (at least that is what apt
> tells me)
>
> apt-get -S upgrade
> kdebase3 from 3.0-20 to 3.0-26

OK,
now I still have no clue what the experimental packages are,
but I just installed them
(and enable antialiased/truetype fonts again
vi /etc/X11/qtrc
change
useXft=false
useXft=true

not sure what else was fixed.

the arts package in experimental is broken though
(refuxes to startup due to undefined symbols) so I stuck the 1.0.0-19 on
top of that,
and it all seems to work just fine ...

Kind regards,
--
Gerhard den Hollander Phone :+31-10.280.1515
Global IT Support manager Direct:+31-10.280.1539

This e-mail and any attachment is/are intended solely for the named
addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you do not
disseminate, forward, distribute or copy this e-mail message.
If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify us
immediately by telephone and destroy the original message.