Re: [SLE] Work slow
  • From: Tom Wesley <tawesley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 22:11:23 +0100

On Wednesday 10 Apr 2002 9:30 pm, wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This morning I just installed Qt3 and KDE3. No problem to install it. Is
> it just for me or if for everybody, kde3 is very slow? When a message popup
> and I click on the button to close it or respond, it takes a time before
> this window disappear. The same thing for Konqueror. Have you ever
> experienced that?
> I tried to install Kopete and when I done ./configure I got a message like:
> Qt (>=3.0.2) qt-mt not found, make sure you compiled Qt with thread enable
> What's this mean? I installed Qt with the Rpm's that was on the web site
> with KDE3 rpm's.
> Someone can help?
>
> Thanks

I find that KDE3 is faster than version 2. Have been looking at various ways
of speeding it up for an older machine at work, but not found anything that
works very well yet.

What spec is your machine?

Tom
- --
"There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved
it."
-- C. S. Lewis, The Chronicles of Narnia