Can not switch to other terminal in SuSE7.3
  • From: Alex Daniloff <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:02:16 -0700
Hello Linux folkz,
I'm running two X servers with color resolution depths 24bpp and 8bpp
on
vt07 and vt08.
When I need to switch to other blank terminal I do Ctrl_Alt_F5(F4,F3)
and so on.
However, this doesn't work in SuSE 7.3. Instead of switching into
desired terminal I'm getting just a frozen picture of the previous
window with KDE desktop.
SuSE 7.3 came with Xfree86 version 4.1.0. My monitor is Sony Multiscan
G200.I used SAX2 as usual to initially configure /etc/X11/XF86Config
file.
I made appropriate changes to it and etc/X11/xdm/Xservers to run two X
servers on vt07 and vt08.
Could somebody please advise me a method to resolve this problem.
Previous versions of SuSE 7.2, 7.1 and earlier had worked without any
problems.Or may be may monitor is getting bad and getting a frozen
picture is an evidence that it's going to die soon?
Any your help or advises are greatly appreciated.
Alex

  • No further messages