MySQL table sizes
  • From: Tom Wesley <tawesley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:06:45 +0100

Hi,

I've just created a test database that will hopefully hold some address
information for my employer. Due to time constraints and patience, I only
exported 100,000 address records from their existing location, but am curious
as to the database size that MySQL reports them using.
I have all the records stored in the database now, but the size is just
1.0MB?? Surely this must be wrong? The address are fully quallified UK
address from a trusted source. I am storing the data in TEXT type fields,
because I am relatively new to MySQL (about 6 hours...) and wasn't sure what
type was what.

Any ideas if this is likely to be accurate?

Tom
- --
Bennett's Laws of Horticulture:
(1) Houses are for people to live in.
(2) Gardens are for plants to live in.
(3) There is no such thing as a houseplant.