Re: [SLE] Hummingbird & SuSe
  • From: Pep Serrano <pep@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:47:56 +0200
Jon,

If I undertood right you want to access your X remotely?
By default SuSE comes with remote X closed.
Have a look to your /etc/rc.config

#
# Allow remote access to your display manager (kdm only for now)
#
DISPLAYMANAGER_REMOTE_ACCESS="no"

Anyway do not recommend you open this unless you are in a truted network
behind a FW. You may better forward your X through SSH.
I do use SecureCRT in W2K to forward the X through SSH and I use Hummingbird
as the local Xserver.

Best regards,
Pep Serrano.