Re: [SLE] PHP/MySQL
  • From: "Andrés A. Nogueiras Meléndez" <aaugusto@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 10:10:03 +0200
Hi. I'm using SuSE7.1 in a P166MMX with 64MB and 30G of disk, a small system, with the following packages:

user@earth:~ > rpm -qa | grep mysql
mysql-shared-3.23.33-4
mysql-client-3.23.33-16
mysql-devel-3.23.33-4
mysql-3.23.33-16
mysql-bench-3.23.33-4
user@earth:~ > rpm -qa | grep php
phpdoc-4.0.3-2
mod_php4-4.0.4pl1-126
user@earth:~ > rpm -qa | grep apache
apache-contrib-1.0.8-35
apache-1.3.19-113
user@earth:~ > rpm -qa | grep mod_
mod_php4-4.0.4pl1-126
mod_perl-1.24-144
mod_dav-1.0.2-346

SuSE installed them automatically. If you touch the config by hand, just do a:

/etc/init.d/apache restart
/etc/init.d/mysql restart

For the MySQL I do prefer IMHO the command-line interface.
For HTML/PHP I do prefer Bluefish (from GNOME), others prefer VIM or KATE.

Tamara Abbey wrote:

I used the SuSE apache install and I have it running. Now, how do I add PHP/MySQL?
I've looked in the mail archives and the one pertinent post I found said to edit /etc/rc.config.d/apache.rc.config
But how?

--
[ Prof. Andres Augusto Nogueiras Melendez ]