Re: [SLE] SuSE + WinXP machine
  • From: Joshua Lee <yid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 23:33:27 -0400
On Monday 08 April 2002 06:07 pm, John wrote:
> One question as XP is going on the wife's side soon. On the KDE
> desktop in Suse can you open up a NTFS disk on the XP side like you do
> in Win98 fat32? Do you just change the file type from vfat to NTFS in
> fstab. Sounds to easy, am I hoping to much here

No, you have to tell the system that the NTFS partition is read only.

Here's my /etc/fstab, note /dev/hda2; my ntfs partition where XP lives.
(Don't copy it without changing it of course.)

/dev/hda6 / reiserfs defaults 1 1
/dev/cdrecorder /media/cdrecorder auto ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0
/dev/cdrom /media/cdrom auto ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts defaults 0 0
/dev/dvd /media/dvd auto ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0
/dev/fd0 /media/floppy auto noauto,user,sync 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults,noauto 0 0
/dev/hda2 /windows/C ntfs ro,noauto,user,umask=022 0 2
/dev/hda5 swap swap pri=42 0 0

< Previous Next >