kde3 - aRts / sound problems solved
  • From: "Matt T." <Matt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 21:06:54 +0700
Hi all,

many of us had problems with aRtsd after installing the final release of kde3.
In a previous thread I described it in detail.

Well, today I found ( I had the feeling it would be a good idea to check) on
SuSE's site ( under .../Suse72/kde/experimental ) - now, not SuSE's final
kde3 release, but a new release of qt3.03 and :

- arts-1.0.0-17.rpm
- arts-devel-1.0.0-17.rpm

and on kde.org I found (again for SuSE7.2):

- arts-1.0.0-19.rpm
- arts-devel-1.0.0-19.rpm
and
- kdemultimedia3-3.0-8.i386.rpm
- kdemultimedia3-devel-3.0-8.i386.rpm

Installing the arts-x files alone (from SuSE's site) did not change anything.

After that I installed also the new kdemultimedia3-x files from kde.org, and
then (after a reboot) there is aRtsd-sound !

No more error messages. Noatun works fine now. aRtsd seems to work now.

(Don't forget to suid the artswrapper again (in opt/kde3/bin), to have better
sound and no "no real-time" warnings).

HTH
Matt T.

PS. I still have in xconsole the error
... modrobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-1

which I cannot explain. In modules.conf I have only set sound-slot-0, not -1.

Why does it look for sound-slot-1 ?