Re: [SLE] make xconfig question
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 12:54:57 -0700
Well, after I updated to the newest fileutils, 2.4.16 kernel build and
install the kernel srcs to go with them. sux no longer works. Wanna take
a stab at why? ;)

* Anders Dahlqvist (dahlqvist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [020407 12:50]:
::Don't su in X, sux instead.
::Example:
::cd /usr/src/linux
::sux -
::password:
::make xconfig
::
::Or use sudo (requires some elementary vi skills, unless you set your EDITOR
::variable to something else, but why should you -vi rocks!)
::1. As root run the command visudo
::2. Enter something like this, replacing Anders with your login name:
:: Anders ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL
::( Now you can run commands as root -even in X - without logging in as root if
::you precede your commands with sudo.)
::3. cd /usr/src/linux && sudo make xconfig
::
::BTW menuconfig is IMHO far more user-friendly.
::
::