OT: Optimized RPM-builds
  • From: Anders Dahlqvist <dahlqvist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 13:52:25 +0200
I want to build my rpms with gcc and g++ using the -O3 flag.
I've tried setting CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS to -O3, but this value gets
overriddenby the default value -O2, even if I use the --target=$(uname -m)
(in my case i686) option wirth rpm.
Of course I could use sed to replace -O2 in the source code with -O3, and I
have, but this is time-consuming for larger chunks of code such as qt3.
Im 90% sure that there are some variables that override the defaults, but I
don't know their names.
Please help me out
--
If you have a procedure with 10 parameters, you probably missed some.