Re: [SLE] Foxpro?
  • From: Alfredo Cole <alfredo@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:44:01 -0600

El Vie 05 Abr 2002 08:47, escribiste:
> Hi,
>
> yesterday my boss told me that his supplier of computers and
> software had started to look into linux and Staroffice.
> They have always just sold Microsoft. The reasen they
> started to look at linux was that there customers have began
> to complain that Microsoft's software are to expensive. :)
>
> My boss now that I use linux so he asked me to check if it's
> possible for us to use linux. The problem is that all our work
> regarding stock, manufacturing, delivering is all handled by
> foxpro (Visual FoxPro 6.0). We have a large number of scripts
> that handle all of our needs.
>
> The question is:
> Any RAD database tool for linux? Just a sql server doesn't help,
> we have a large number of windows with buttons so anyone
> can go in and check for orders and other stuff.
>
> I have searched and what I found so far is Rekall, any good?
>
> Rgds
>
> Nisse

You can try several alternatives:

Visual Flagship
Recital
VDKBuilder with Xbase support

Search Google for these products. All have a demo version, except
VDKBuilder which is free.

HTH. Regards.

- --
Alfredo J. Cole
http://www.acyc.com (Accounting Systems)
http://www.clshonduras.com (Linux Hardware)
PGP Key available from certserver.pgp.com