Automatic partition mounting on login?
  • From: Alan <ally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 18:49:06 +0930
Hi All
I`m sure it`s very simple but I seem to be unable to crack it as I`m
not very familiar with shell and its syntaxes.
Problem: I`d like to get a specific partition mounted automatically
upon login of an user with that user`s read/write permissions(it`s a
vfat partition)
I was able to get the mount command executed thanks to bashrc but
every time I started xterm or other I`ll get complaint from the shell
that partition is already mounted according to /etc/fstab.
Question: What is the command/syntax/option to pass to the shell in the
bashrc that if the partition is already mounted ,don`t try to mounting
it and other way if it`s not just mount that partiiton.Any help
appreciated,no programing experience here at all.
Thanks
Alan