Please help - No text in OpenOffice
  • From: Andrei Verovski <andrei.verovski@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:57:11 +0300
Hi,

I have dumb problem installing OpenOffice 641D. After splash screen
installer shows empty window (really empty, no buttons, no text, etc.).

However, this is not hang or freeze, it is possible to blindly navigate
installer using keyboard.

I have Java 2 (then replaced with old java 1.1.8, but problem remain),
jpeglib, giflib, gnome libs, imagemagic, a lot of fonts installed. Open
Office installer do not complain that something is missing. I have
rebooted X with gnome instead of KDE, but problem remain. may be the
culprit is XFRee 4.2?

Strangly, but StarOffice 6 installer which seem to be the same works
without any artifacts.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Andrei

  • No further messages