Re: [SLE] http://localhost doesn't work
  • From: Kevin Donnelly <kevin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 00:23:58 +0000
On Tuesday 02 April 2002 11:44 pm, steve wrote:
> Is there anywhere that we can report stuff like this for everyone? Like
> SuSU users know about it now. But how about RH for example. Or do all
> distro lists have the same sort of dialogue. In the end, I had to stop
> joining lists at the oo discussion stage. It just gets too much to sort
> though. Pity about all the different distros, lists and mimetypes!

Well, I did report it to theKompany, and I can only assume there is some chap
scratching his head about it at this very moment!

You are right that the Linux "hundred flowers blossoming, and hundred schools
of thought contending" can be a bit chaotic at times, and yes, there is no
real way of passing on these little hard-won nuggets to all and sundry. But
if people are so misguided as not to use SuSE, what can you expect? :-)

I think many of the "issues" come from the speed at which Linux is developing
- long may it last. I've even done my first video editing in Linux now,
using MainActor. That's commercial software, but only $99, and it's
cross-platform, so it seems a pretty good investment. I am quite surprised,
because 6 months ago I used to say that multimedia was the one area where
desktop Linux was still way behind Windows. But the gap seems to be closing
impressively fast.

Kevin

< Previous Next >