Re: [SLE] hard drive info
On 4 Apr 2002, jack malone wrote:

> I have this old p 120 that has a limit of 8 gig harddrive. I
> dropped a 20gig drive into the box an the bios set it up as 8 gig. then
> installed linux on it with no problem. linux sees it as a 20 gig drive an
> it installs an boots from it fine. But im just wondering if I might run
> into any problems since the bios only sees it as a 8 gig drive. thanks for
> the info. I know that linux can overcome some bios limites an this proves
> it.

Hey Jack:
Nope, you should have no problems. Actually, I have the same
situation: I have a 10GiB hard drive which the BIOS only
recognizes as 8GiB. This IBM drive came with OnTrack software
to "fool" the BIOS, but as soon as I found out Linux doesn't
need it, I've abandoned it.

Like I said, I have no problems, and neither should you.

--
Karol Pietrzak
PGP KeyID: 3A1446A0