hard drive info
  • From: jack malone <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:56:43 -0600 (CST)
I have this old p 120 that has a limit of 8 gig harddrive. I
dropped a 20gig drive into the box an the bios set it up as 8 gig. then
installed linux on it with no problem. linux sees it as a 20 gig drive an
it installs an boots from it fine. But im just wondering if I might run
into any problems since the bios only sees it as a 8 gig drive. thanks for
the info. I know that linux can overcome some bios limites an this proves
it.

jack

< Previous Next >