KDE3 exits with DCOP errors
  • From: JW <jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 21:07:55 -0600
Hey,

Just installed KDE3 on SuSE 7.3 and I'm getting the following error when I try to start up:

"There was an error setting u pinter-process communication for KDE. The message returned by the system was:
Coulnd not read network connection list.
/home/jw//.DCOPserver_suse3__3

Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running!"

All I can do is hit [OK], and then KDE exits.

What am I missing? I rm'd all mcop dcop and ICE files/dirs (yes I looked for upper/lower case). and yet it still won't work.

Tried rebooting the box too.

Any ideas?

Jonathan Wilson
System Administrator