Re: Fwd: Re: [SLE] Suse 7.2 eating disk space
  • From: Nick Selby <php@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 17:38:39 +0200
Hi, Stefan,

I would do:
e2fsck -f -c -v /dev/hda8

If that fails, badblocks not found, try
e2fsck -f -v /dev/hda8

Remove -v if you dont want it to be verbose (show lots of info).

Is that -v in place of the -y which would answer the questions; in other words, will I have to answer every question?

If it works you should make a backup and perhaps invest in a new disk.

Is there a general concensus that my disk is fried? It's only a year old!!

Also I
recommend you to split the disk into more paritions. I would suggest you to
make the following separate parttitions:

Sorry to be dense but this is a suggestion for the existing disk or a new disk?

Thanks!
Nick