Re: [SLE] tracking disc access / tunning noflushd
On Wednesday 03 April 2002 03:25 am, Pep Serrano wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 April 2002 01:16, Thomas Bishop wrote:
> > See: man noflushd, down around the BUGS heading. Sounds like you're
> > using Reiserfs? I have the same problem. My other machines with ext2,
> > work just fine with the noflushd.
>
> Unfortunately true :-(
> It looks like it's kernels fault rather than noflushd fault. Is there any
> related work in progress in the kernel?
>
> Cheers,
> Pep Serrano.

I do not know, but perhaps someone else can shed some light here. I prefer
Reiserfs because our power hiccoughs often, but this particular Maxtor drive
has a very high-pitched whine that I hear long after I leave the machine. I
may go back to ext2 on this machine as well, unless it is corrected in 8.0.
Cya,
Tom
--
TRBishop