Re: [SLE] FAT error/filesystem panic
  • From: NIck Selby <php@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 13:31:15 +0200
At 12:21 PM 4/3/2002 +0000, you wrote:
Yes, I'd say it's certainly related!

Maybe send another message to the whole list with a more detailed sketch of
your machine (disks, mounted and unmounted filesystems, operating systems)

Filesystem size used avail use% mounted on
/dev/hda8 9.7G 9.8G 0 100% /
/dev/hda6 23M 3.5M 18M 17% /boot
shmfs 401M 0 401M 0% /dev/shm

It's suse 7.2 on the hda8, and I think hda6 is the swap.

The output of the command

mount
woud be worth sending

/dev/hda8 on / type ext2 (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,mode=0620,gid=5)
/devf/hda6 on /boot type ext2 (rw)
shmf on /dev/shm type shm (rw)

FAT is a windows filesystem,not a linux one. Feed us with more info about
the structure of your machine ...

The hard drive is a 20GB drive; an unmounted OS is WME on its own partitiion which I didn't see here when I ran df -h

HTH
Fergus

Thanks, Fergus!!