Re: [SLE] contactsheets within gimp
On Wed, 2002-04-03 at 12:14, SuSEnixER wrote:
> * Dave Barton <bmcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [04-02-02 20:08]:
> > pixieplus appears to be just the application I have been looking for. I
> > have downloaded the archive, but I haven't been able to locate any
> > information about how to compile / install the program. Can some kind
> > person here offer a newbie some step-by-step guidance on how to do this.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > On Tue, 2002-04-02 at 04:10, Matt T. wrote:
> > > pixieplus does this and more, see
> > > http://apps.kde.com/na/2/info/vid/5524?sid=f9e0449778dbb815e47bd72aa5b039e9
> > > or on sourceforge or freshmeat.
>
> You would probably be better served by downloading the SuSE rpm for
> install.
>
> for KDE2 (one line):
> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/KDE/update_for_7.3/appl
> ications/.link/pixieplus-kde.rpm
>
> --
> Pat Shanahan Registered Linux User #207535
> Registered at: http://counter.li.org

Thanks Pat. After I failed miserably in my attempts to compile the Alpha
Version 0.3pre1, I downloaded and installed the SuSE rpm of version
0.2.1, which is good but the new version looks even better.

Is there any specific reason why you recommend the older version, or do
you think it's safer for newbies like me to leave pre-release stuff
alone?

Regards,

Dave