Alternatives to Vmware?
  • From: Alex Daniloff <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 11:32:54 -0800
Hello SuSE folkz,
Does somebody know any good alternatives to Vmware to run a few M$
applications as Word97, Excel97.
My manager still can't get rid of his nasty habit of using M$
applications.
Many thanks in advance for any advise or source of information.

Alex

P.S.
Information for thoughts:
Initially we ran VMware-2.0.3 on a half of our engineering
workstations in parallel with Linux (SuSE7.1 and SuSE7.3)
After six months of usage, suddenly, all these workstations started to
crash for no apparent reasons. It was looking as a hard drive falure.
In the same time workstations which ran Linux only, continued to run
without any problems. Hardware wise our 12 engineering workstations
are all identical.
Is it possible that running in parallel VMware on Linux could cause
such system crashes?

< Previous Next >