Re: [SLE] contactsheets within gimp
  • From: Fergus Wilde <fwilde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 10:01:37 +0000
Below:
On Tuesday 02 April 2002 09:47, you wrote:
> Dave Barton wrote:
> > pixieplus appears to be just the application I have been looking for. I
> > have downloaded the archive, but I haven't been able to locate any
> > information about how to compile / install the program. Can some kind
> > person here offer a newbie some step-by-step guidance on how to do this.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > On Tue, 2002-04-02 at 04:10, Matt T. wrote:
> > > pixieplus does this and more, see
> > > http://apps.kde.com/na/2/info/vid/5524?sid=f9e0449778dbb815e47bd72aa5b0
> > >39e9 or on sourceforge or freshmeat.
> > >
> > > It's a great tool.
> > >
> > > HTH
> > > Matt T.

> Doesn't Konq' do this too?

It does, but PixiePlus does it better in various ways. One really nice thing
it does is to provide thumbnail views of your image, then next to the
thumbnails a bigger view of whichever one you highlight, then the ability to
view them sequentially at 1:1 or at full screen size by single mouse click or
working with the arrow keys. I really rate it, and would advise anyone who
wants to manage a bunch of images to give it a try. I followed links at
www.mosfet.org to find a SuSE-specific rpm for 7.3, and so didn't have to
compile it. I assume that link is still around ...
Best
Fergus

< Previous Next >